Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Well, I showed them!

Made the trip to Cali to show a few frames at the San Diego Custom Bicycle show last week. This was my
first show so I really didn't know what to expect, and to tell you the truth, it was a bit nerve racking to
be showing my stuff along with some of the true masters of modern framebuilding. I guess I shouldn't have
worried because the reception was great and it was awesome to meet/make friends with the big guys.
Thanks to Greg Townsend, Mauricio Rebolledo, Chuck Hoeffer (Pacific Coast Cycles), and Eric Estlund (Winter Cycles) for making my show go a lot smoother that in would have otherwise.
Special thanks to Dave Porter for sharing the space and making this whole endeavor possible.

On to the bikes:
 It was funny to see which bike caught the most attention. The internal routing on the blue 29er drew a lot of comments thanks to Chuck H. who gave me some housing to run through the frame for day 2.
 The blued fixed gear got the lion's share of attention...and I just included it on a whim figuring I'd like to fill up more than two frames worth of space. Glad I took it!




 I was very proud of the bilaminate all-road bike, and a lot of people looked right past it. Maybe it was the color?
Still, overall, it was a good show for me- I learned a lot about how to set up a display and I have some big ideas for the next one!

More detailed shots of the show frames to come, plus Mark's SS 29er and Mike's 650b rando.

No comments:

Post a Comment