Monday, March 15, 2010

Let's do the time warp again...

....and get back to January! I can't believe how fast the time goes when you're spread between kids, the day job, coaching, training for the biggest race ever, and-of course- building bikes. The blog definitely suffers this time of year. But still, 3 months have gone by with no update...sorry about that , Chief.
A few builds have gone out the door and one cool Rando bike is in progress- pics to come soon.

So, what's "the biggest race ever?, the Tour Divide, baby! http://tourdivide.org/2010_start_list 2700 miles of mountainbike racing from Canada to Mexico. This has been one of those things I've always wanted to do and I figured the sooner the better. I'm really looking forward to this, but damn, it's a lot of prep! I'll have to average at least 125 miles a day to get a decent finish of 22 days, and there is a lot that has to go right for me to even be in a position to make it happen. Towards that end, I'll be leaving on a training ride tomorrow morning- from here to Levelland TX, about 315 miles. This will be a good gear shakedown and test of the body. The goal is to finish in two days, weather and hobo encounters permitting.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment